In Profile... Daniel Westwood of Bilston Town

In Profile... Daniel Westwood of Bilston Town




Name: Daniel Westwood

Position: Striker

Current Club: Bilston Town

 

Previous clubs: Not enough time to list them all so here’s a few 😅 Halesowen, Stafford Rangers, Worcester, Sporting Khalsa, Telford, Wolves Sporting, Shifnal, Wolverhampton Casuals, an many more.

 

Team supported growing up? Manchester United

 

Childhood hero? Ryan Giggs. Loved him. The early days of him dribbling past defenders was great to watch. Left footed also 🙌🏼

 

Biggest influence? My dad, Nan and Grandad. They have always been my biggest fans. Dad in particular drove me everywhere for football growing up and still watches my games now with my nan.

 

Favourite current player? That’s difficult with the current united team 😂I’d say Marcus Rashford when he is on form can be unplayable.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Erm personal record at Molineux is good 3 goals in 3 games but lost all of those finals 😅. Best non league ground I’d say bucks head.

 

Best friend in football? No friends in football 👀

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? Erm not a direct opponent as he played midfield but was so so good. Made the game look very easy. Hardly moved but never gave the ball away. Julio Arca at South Shields.

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? I’m rarely out tbf but have been known to be lively on the odd special occasion. If I’m out out I could pick anyone from the Sundats (my local Sunday team) and be confident of a wild one.

From non league having played with a few big characters down the years I recon Batch, Pezza, Schlosey and Aaron Roberts would be an entertaining night out.

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

So hard to just pick 5 I’d love to do a best 11 😂

1 Keeper: - Sam Arnold 🐈

1 Defender: - No way I can choose 1 - I always think when picking a defender, who did I hate being against in training and these few were very difficult to get past 😅 Jordann Brown, Ash Carter, Ben Bailey, and Rob Evans. Got a back 4 sorted there lol

2 Midfielders: - Jak Corns responsible for at least 80 percent of my goals and played with him on and off since around the age of 6 years old. Unbelievable 5 a side player also.  

1 Striker – Andre Gray/Sam Winnal have to be mentioned because of the level they have gone on to play at. Particularly Andre playing in the prem and internationally. If I was being strict on non league I’d say Greggs or Sully. Very intelligent strikers that score all types of goals. Easy to play alongside also.

 

Best moment of your career? Scoring 5 consecutive league hat tricks (all be it at step 6 but still, not seen it done since lol) and debut goal for Stafford rangers away at Altrincham, winning 3-0 🙌🏼

 

Go to initiation song? Only ever done one. That was at Worcester, went for a classic from Luther V 😂

 

Pre match meal? Love a porridge.

 

Messi or Ronaldo? CR7 till I die ❤️


Thank you Daniel for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL