In Retirement... Cecil Nyoni

 

In Retirement… Cecil Nyoni

Name: Cecil Nyoni

Position: Centre Mid



Played for? Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Limerick, Matlock, Sheffield FC, Goole, Harrogate, Alfreton Town

Team supported growing up? Manchester United

Childhood hero & why? Peter Ndlovu, he was from Zimbabwe where I’m from and was the best player in the country and had made it in England 

Biggest influence? My brother because he taught me how to play football and about life just wanted to be like him

Favourite current player & why? Casemiro, he plays how I used to play combatting the midfield, breaking play down and being the difference for his team in games. Just with less flair than me 

Best ground you’ve played at? Hillsborough Stadium

Best friend in football? Anthony Gardner

Best player you’ve played against & why? Paul Pogba, couldn’t get anywhere near him and when you did was too strong or slick with the ball he’d go past ya 



Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Jack Grealish, Gary Madine, Chris Lines & Troy Deeney

The best player you’ve played with in each position?

Goalkeeper - Karl Darlow

Defender - Anthony Gardner

Midfielder - Ross Barkley

Striker - Clinton Morrison

Best moment of your career? Making my professional debut for Sheffield Wednesday live on Sky 

Best/favourite manager you played under? Gary Megson 

Best goal you scored? Scoring against Leeds United as a man United & Sheffield Wednesday fan it was wholesome

Is there anything you would go back and tell your playing self? I would tell myself to be a bit more patient & instead of making rash decisions on my career

Thank you, Cecil for taking time to answer my questions looking back on your fantastic footballing career. 

If you are a retired player reading this or somebody involved in football and you would like to feature in a future blog. Please message me on twitter. I would love to get you involved

Until the next one,

Peace,

Luke@PL2NL