In Profile... Keiran Coupe of Clipstone FC

In Profile... Keiran Coupe of Clipstone FC



Name: Keiran Roy Coupe

Position: Right Back

Current Club: Clipstone FC

 

Previous clubs: Mansfield, Rainworth, Heanor, Teversal, Blidworth, Sherwood, Pinxton and Rainworth again

 

Team supported growing up? Nottingham Forest.

 

Childhood hero? David Beckham, just remember him being unbelievable from dead ball situations, just used to watch him over and over again.

 

Biggest influence? My Dad, Had numerous hours with me trying to progress me, also taking me everywhere I needed to go.

 

Favourite current player? Connor Gallagher, I love his intensity, he was brilliant at Crystal Palace, just finding his feet now at Chelsea. He can do most things in midfield, break up play, can pass a ball and loves to get into the box.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Field Mill (Mansfield Town)

 

Best friend in football? Jack Hawkins, played with Jack since we was 7 and we have stuck together all the way through football. Although Jack hasn’t got a current club we work together still at Mansfield Town in the academy.

 


Best player you’ve played against & why? Nathan Watson, I was 18 playing in the evo stick for Rainworth, we played Loughborough Dynamo on a Tuesday night and he scored 4 goals, he was a handful, could use both feet also he was very fiery.

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Josh Turton, Tim Gregory, Liam Marsden & Jason Gregory

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Josh Turton, I have played with Josh a couple of times now, he is like a Fine wine, is getting better with age. His distribution is class and He is starting to command his area. As a defender there is nothing better, he has been very good in recent games and I think he could play as high as he wants to.

 

1 Defender: - Jason Gregory - Former Pro at stags, I played next to Jason for a lot of years, he is solid, for a young player he had so much maturity and this carried him through so many games, could head and tackle and was very good in both boxes.


2 Midfielders: - Adam Murray - I Played with Muz for a game at Rainworth, wow, he ran the show, he managed the tempo of the game and was in pure control, because we had a young side he experience was brilliant to have around us.

 

Kieran Debrouwer - Keano is known by many people in non league, his ability to score goals in big moments was priceless, I played with Keano when he was in his prime at his current club Heanor, every time he received the ball you felt like he was going to do something to impact the game.

 

1 Striker – Dave Cockerill - People used to turn up to and see this bloke that didn’t look like a footballer dominate games, as a full back there is no better feeling than having a front man where you can put a ball anywhere in a 10 yard radius and he would make it stick. CB’s used to hate how physical he was. Nathen Benger was very unlucky not to be my striker.




 Best moment of your career? There are many things I could put for this, winning a double in my first season for Pinxton, but my Proudest moment has to be Captaining Rainworth in my second spell at the club, a club that was good enough to play me at 18 years old in the Evo stick and when I went back I was welcomed back with open arms. For this I will be forever grateful.

 

Go to initiation song? My Girl - The temptations.

 

Pre match meal? Chicken pasta from Tesco.

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Has to be Messi!

 

Thank you Keiran for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL