In Profile... Adam Drury of Grimsby Borough FC

In Profile... Adam Drury of Grimsby Borough FC



Name: Adam Drury

Position: Striker/Winger/Centre Mid

Current Club: Grimsby Borough FC

 

Previous clubs: Manchester City, Burton Albion (loan), St Mirren (loan), Gainsborough Trinity.

 

Team supported growing up? Manchester City

 

Childhood hero? David Beckham, wand of a right foot and my favourite number 7.

 

Biggest influence? Mum/Dad and brother. Mum & Dad too me to football matches growing up, took me to watch my brother play. Always inspired and encouraged me to play football! Followed me all over the country. I owe a lot to them for their commitment. I wouldn’t have achieved the things I have without their support.

 

Favourite current player? Jack Grealish, best hair and legs in the game! No matter how many times he gets kicked or fouled. Always wants the ball and wants to make things happen

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Celtic Park (Parkhead)

 

Best friend in football? Liam Higton (the cat), for somebody who can’t see, he makes a lot of saves. Always there if I need him and just a genuine top guy to be around.

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? Kingsley Coman – Played against him in the NextGen competition at u21 level. Ripped me apart, turn of pace and tricky. Couldn’t get near him. Suppose his current CV isn’t too bad either HA!  

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Jack Grealish, Micah Richards, Roy Keane & Pep Guardiola

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with and why? 

1 Keeper: - Liam Higton.

1 Defender: - Jord Barnett. would tackle his Nan to win 3 points!

2 Midfielders: - David Silva. Genuine Wizard

Yaya Toure. Technically one of the best players I’ve played with. Had everything you’d want a midfielder to have.

1 Striker – Sergio Aguero. Well the name speaks for itself. ULTIMATE FINISHER




Best moment of your career so far? 2 stand out. Burton Albion debut in 2013 against Leicester City in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and winning back to back promotions with Grimsby Borough.



 

Go to initiation song? Walking in Memphis, Marc Cohn. A classic never dies and get the people going!

 

Pre match meal? 3 poached eggs, 2 bagel thins & Branston beans. PHOAR!

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Ronaldo is the GOAT!


Thank you Adam for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL