In Profile... Chris Bowles of Southwell City

In Profile... Chris Bowles of Southwell City



Name: Chris Bowles

Position: Centre Mid

Current Club: Southwell City FC

 

Previous clubs: Always been Southwell!

 

Team supported growing up? Derby county, up the rams.

 

Childhood hero? Shaun Stocks, just had an Aura about him and demanded respect whenever you entered a room, even as a young lad you knew it, similar to a Jeff Bezos figure. Someone you aspire to be like, and now he’s involved in the club it’s great to have a role model at most games.

 

Biggest influence? Standard answerπŸ˜‚ but I’d probably say my dad, he used to manage mine and my brothers team, organise kick offs early in the morning one after another so then we could all go watch derby! Saturday has always been football day to me and that was drilled in to me by my dad from a young ageπŸ˜‚ ultimately he managed me as well and we won a lot of trophies back in the day together so he definitely has had the biggest influence on me football wise!

 

Favourite current player? Max Bird (derby of course) he’s got loads better over the last couple of years and is just pretty solid consistently for derby, plus he plays on the same position as me so got to say him.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Probably Ilkeston Town’s place, even though I’m not a fan of 4G it was a very decent set up.

 

Best friend in football? Fletch, best mate from uni and a cracking goalkeeper, having a bit of time out with his new baby.

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? I mean I hardly remember it, as I was young, but played against Patrick Bamford so he has to be the best playerπŸ˜‚

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Tough one that, so many good lads in the team who love a drink… very hard to pick, I’d have them all out with me if I could, all bring something different! Would defo say TJ though as a definite, non stop smiling so always makes the night more funπŸ˜‚

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Walt - only been with the club this season but has played a hell of a lot higher and can see that with his quality… not sure he’s built for 5-a-side though πŸ˜‚ guaranteed a beer after as well.

1 Defender: - no brainer – Macca - Again played higher, and like a rolls Royce at the Back. So comfortable on the ball, best player in the squad. Again, guaranteed a beer after as well.

2 Midfielders: - I’ve definitely played with myself a few times in my life, so got to choose myself haven’t I?

Other probably Stocksy… been my partner in crime for the past few years in centre midfield, on his day he’s the best player on the park and can win us a game on his own, other games it’s like trying to shout a snail to track back. Quality lad though.

Both guaranteed a beer after!

1 Striker – Cal Law - on his day he can bag 10, got a right strike on him, reckon he’d be decent at 5-a-side cause he will shoot on site and often ends up in the corners… pretty dead cert for a beer after as well.




Best moment of your career? Lifting the league trophy last season… highest level Southwell have ever been at, so to be captain and do it with such a great group of lads was amazing!

 

Go to initiation song? I’m yours - Jason Mraz.

 

Pre match meal? Chicken salad sandwich, lucozade and a bag of niknaks.

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Ronny all day.


Thank you Chris for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season. 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL