In Profile... Brad McGowan of Basford United

In Profile... Brad McGowan of Basford United




Name: Brad McGowan

Position: Centre Back

Current Club: Basford United

 

Previous clubs: Notts County, Grantham Town, Alfreton Town, Boston United, Frickley, Peterborough Sports

 

Team supported growing up? Liverpool

 

Childhood hero? Steven Gerrard, being a Liverpool fan, it could only be him, he had everything.  

 

Biggest influence? My Dad, drove me up and down the country for years. Taking me where I needed to be, he’s supported me throughout my football journey.  

 

Favourite current player? John Stones, young classy defender  

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Gotta go with Mansfield Town Field Mill, been able to play there numerous times but being my hometown it make it more special.

 




Best friend in football? Richard Jones.   

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? Ben Mee probably one of the highest profile players I’ve came up against, obviously still playing Premier League football now.

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Roy Carroll

1 Defender: - Hayden Mullins

2 Midfielders: - Craig Disley & Alan Smith

1 Striker – Craig Westcarr

I think their careers speak for themselves.




Best moment of your career? Signing a professional contract for Notts County. Also promotion with Peterborough Sports to The National League North has got to be up there.     

 

Go to initiation song? Wonderwall, everybody knows that one.  

 

Pre match meal? I’m not overly picky pre match, I don’t like to eat too much before a game, just something simple like peanut butter on toast or some porridge.

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Messi  


Thank you Brad for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season. 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL