In Profile... Jamie Walker of Long Eaton United

In Profile... Jamie Walker of Long Eaton United



Name: Jamie Walker

Position: Left Wing

Current Club: Long Eaton United

 

Previous clubs: Bulwell FC, Basford United, Ilkeston Town, Carlton Town, Loughborough Dynamo, Grantham Town, Dunkirk, Pelican

 

Team supported growing up? Nottingham Forest, I remember my first game 97/98 season at home against Arsenal.

 

Childhood hero? Cristiano Ronaldo, his flair and ability to change a game on his own was mesmerising in his younger days at Manchester United. Would also have to say Zinedine Zidane & Ronaldinho.

 

Biggest influence? I would have to say my Dad, coaching my team when I was younger, taking me to every game and going round the country watching him play football was the reason I wanted to do the same and he’s kept me going through the years as well.

 

Favourite current player? I’d have to say Haaland. The man is a machine and to say how young he is, he can only get better.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Ilkeston Town (New Manor Ground) by a mile, that place on a bad day, if there ever was one is electric.





Best friend in football? I wouldn’t say I’ve really got a best friend in football but there’s quite a few lads I’m close to who I’ve played with in the past and still playing with at Long Eaton now.

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? I would have to say Lee Hendrie when he was at Basford, was at the back end of his career but he was a different class.

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Paul Gascoigne, Swinny who’s with us at Long Eaton, Tom Marshall when he’s not causing trouble & I’d have to go Brian Clough.

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Saul Deeney

1 Defender: - Dwayne Soar

2 Midfielders: - Lee Hendrie & Ben Hutchinson

1 Striker – Alan Jeffries





Best moment of your career? Winning the league with Ilkeston, not just for the team but for the fans who deserved it as much as the players did.

 

Go to initiation song? Oasis - Wonderwall

 

Pre match meal? Cheese omelette with toast & chopped tomatoes

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Very tough one for the obvious reason but growing up watching more of Ronaldo on TV, it has to be him.


Thank you Jamie for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL