In Profile... Kieran Wells of Gresley Rovers

In Profile... Kieran Wells of Gresley Rovers




Name: Kieran Wells

Position: Old fashioned ginger centre forward

Current Club: Gresley Rovers

 

Previous clubs: I could go through the alphabet! So I’ll save you all the clubs. Here’s a few. Ollerton Town, Blidworth Welfare, Hednesford Town, Ilkeston Town, Belper Town

 

Team supported growing up? Super Notts County (You Pies!)

 

Childhood hero? My Dad, inspired me to play football and most of all become a great father.     

 

Biggest influence? Maybe The Grinch because I’m not personally liked for some reason but once you get to know him he’s not too shabby (3oclock wallow in self pity)  

 

Favourite current player? I really don’t know to be honest… I’ll go with Chris Kirkland because I met him once in the pub.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Hmmmmm, of course Notts County Meadow Lane.  

 

Best friend in football? Jonathon Froggatt, love that boy   

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? Probably Lee Hendrie in his Basford United days.     

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Oh wow… So Mick Godber because I can’t understand him. Nathan Stainsfield because he has ADHD like me, oh! And he’s ginger. Peter Duffield because well, he’s pocket sized and Carl Abbott because I won’t be the worst dressed there!




 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Daniel Platt, what a shot stopper, he is a great character as well  

1 Defender: - Nathan Stainsfield, big horrible unit, off the pitch the nicest bloke you’ll meet but on the pitch, christ alive he’s a joke!

1 Midfielder: - Warney (Steve Warne), I was with him at Belper and what a player to learn off, more so about respect on and off the pitch!

2 Strikers – Froggy (Jonathan Froggatt) , we scored 40 goals each in the 2017/18 season. We was a match made in heaven! Which is why I’ll be joining Froggy up top




Best moment of your career? Becoming captain for the first time at Gresley. It’s so weird but as a captain evert defeat hurts so much more and the win taste is so much better. I thank Gresley for giving me the opportunity     

 

Go to initiation song? Ice Ice Baby!!!!

 

Pre match meal? Beans on toast with 2 poached eggs

 

Messi or Ronaldo? They’ve got nothing on Kieran Wells. Night, God bless football community


Thank you Kieran for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 



Until the next one


Peace 

Luke @PL2NL