In Profile... Alex Marshall of Long Eaton United

In Profile... Alex Marshall of Long Eaton United


Name: Alex Marshall

Position: Striker

Current Club: Long Eaton United

 

Previous clubs: Ilkeston, Kimberley M.W, Borrowash Vics and Long Eaton😂

 

Team supported growing up? Derby County, my Dad is a Man United fan so always been interested in them but a firm believer in you got to support your local team.

 

Childhood hero? I loved watching Rooney play, every time he played it was like it was his last game, his heart and desire to win was something I always admired.

 

Biggest influence? Would be my Dad, bit of a live wire but I used to watch him play football which got me into playing it.

 

Favourite current player? Have to go for Jude Bellingham because he seems to have the world at his feet yet comes across so humble and grounded.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Villa Park or Pride Park.

 

Best friend in football? Soppy I know but I’d have to go for the idiot of a brother of mine (Thomas Francis Marshall).

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? There’s a few that stick out from childhood football but I’d have to go with Ash Hunter he just seemed to score at important times of games.



Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite?
It’s going to have to be Danny Gordon, Mitchell Robinson, Ben Hutchinson I’ll go with Tom however he seems to help me get punched on the odd occasion 🤷🏼♂️ and I don’t really need help with that.

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: -   Ian Deakin - as much as I don’t want to admit this he was ok in net

1 Defender: - Tom Marshall -  for team morale

2 Midfielders: - Reco Fyfe - unbelievable player,

Danny Gordon - aka non league Mark Noble

1 Striker – Elliott Reeves - won Ilkeston the league on his own😂




Best moment of your career? It’s either Winning the league with Ilkeston was massive for me being from there or the day we the league with Long Eaton.

 

Go to initiation song? I’ve only ever had todo 2 of these but I’d say my favourite one I done was American Pie.

 

Pre match meal? If I’m honest it was always a pack of chocolate hobnobs with a cuppa but now I don’t eat before football anymore or at most a slice or 2 of toast.

 

Messi or Ronaldo? From being a child it’s always been Ronaldo however nowadays it has to be Messi


Thank you Alex for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL