In Profile... Jake Day of Spennymoor Town

In Profile... Jake Day of Spennymoor Town





Name: Jake Day

Position: Centre Forward

Current Club: Spennymoor Town

 

Previous clubs: Scarborough Athletic, Bridlington Town, Tadcaster Albion, Alfreton Town, Guiseley, Scarborough Athletic, Matlock, Whitby Town & Marske United

 

Team supported growing up? Manchester United.

 

Childhood hero? My childhood hero growing up was probably Beckham, just loved what he did and that goal against Greece was as the best memory I had of England growing up. Although I always had a soft spot for R9 and Shearer. Both just absolute bagsmen.

 

Biggest influence? Biggest influence now is my Mrs and kids. Just doing what I can to provide and make them proud

 

Favourite current player? My favourite player currently is probably Harry Kane. He’s just got the lot hasn’t he. The complete striker.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? The best ground I’ve played at is Bramall Lane in a cup final with Bridlington Town, we lost 4-1 but I managed to get the 1. Special mention to Scarborough Athletic though, the atmosphere there last season was unbelievable.

 

Best friend in football? My best mate in football is probably Rikki Paylor. Top bloke and always got a lot of time for him.

 




Best player you’ve played against & why? The best player I’ve played against is Jobe Bellingham. I think he was only 15 at the time and he played for Birmingham u23s. The lad was an absolute baller, I can’t begin to imagine how good Jude actually is.

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? If I went on a footballing night out I’d invite Beckham just to meet him, Neymar, he seems a bit of a boyo, Roy Keane and Micah Richards for the laughs, them 2 together are brilliant

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Michael Ingham. Played at the highest level for club and country. Also, an all round top bloke who’s always helped me whenever I’ve worked with he.

 

1 Defender: - Dan Rowe. Played in the league with some big names. Heads absolutely everything away and puts his neck on the line to keep a clean sheet.


2 Midfielders: - Adam Bolder. Again, spent a lot of time in the league and his first touch was one of the best I’ve seen.

 

Lewis Maloney. Some player. Fit as a fiddle, strikes a ball better than anyone and technically very good on the ball.

 

1 Striker – Jordan Thewlis. Scores goals, simple as that.


 



Best moment of your career? The best moment of my career was last season when we got promoted and won a cup with Scarborough Athletic.

 

Go to initiation song? Shaggy - Angel

 

Pre match meal? poached eggs on toast

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Although Ronaldo was a legend for United, I’ve always preferred Messi. He’s the more all round footballer and the best we’ve ever seen in my opinion.


Thank you Jake for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season.


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL