In Profile... Adam Revuelta of Heanor Town

In Profile... Adam Revuelta of Heanor Town



Name: Adam Revuelta

Position: Goalkeeper

Current Club: Heanor Town

 

Previous clubs: Newark & Sherwood, AFC Mansfield, Blidworth, Ashland Rovers… plus a few games for Kimberley, Grantham, and Bilsthorpe(folded) in between.

 

Team supported growing up? Nottingham Forest.

 

Childhood hero? Steven Gerrard, he could do absolutely everything and some of his performances in finals were ridiculous.

 

Biggest influence? My dad, ex goalkeeper aswell. Still rarely misses a game now even if it’s 80 miles away on a Tuesday night, he will be there.

 

Favourite current player? Probably Harry Kane, he gets so much abuse  but when he retires I think everyone will finally realise how good he is/was. He just needs a few trophies because individually he will have done it all.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? I’ve played at a couple of professional grounds, but I love old school non league ones. Something like Emley, Belper, Matlock… along them lines. I’ll go Matlock.

 

Best friend in football? Joe Kearney, first team coach at AFC Mansfield.

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? Haydn Hollis, had a great career in the pro game. Remember him hitting the bar from the halfway line at a final at field mill at u10s or 11s and thought wow. Don’t think I can kick the ball that far now never mind at 10.

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Liam Mays, Joe Kearney, Max Bulmer, Max Thornberry

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Andy Francis - Top goalkeeper and an even better bloke. Sadly missed, R.I.P

1 Defender: - Jonathon D’Layrea - I’ll play JD centre half no problem. Went from playing with Joe Hart to me😂

2 Midfielders: - Khyle Sargent - What a player, with him in there it’s 6 a side team. Some boy.

Kian Sketchley - Absolutely outrageous footballer. Some of the things I’ve seen him do in matches and training are mind boggling

1 Striker – Paul Revuelta - Gotta pick my brother, Nottinghamshire’s own Gary Goals. How he never got a move higher I’ll never know. Shoutouts to Jamie Sleigh and Ross Duggan though





Best moment of your career? Not got one yet, 29 and still without a winners trophy in adult football

 

Go to initiation song? World in motion

 

Pre match meal? Jacket potato, cheese and beans or tuna pasta

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Messi.

 

Thank you Adam for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for what is left of the season and going forward  


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL