In Profile... Joe Ashurst of Hucknall Town

In Profile... Joe Ashurst of Hucknall Town



Name: Joseph Ashurst

Position: 10

Current Club: Hucknall Town FC

 

Previous clubs: Radford, Bilborough Pelican, Rolls Royce

 

Team supported growing up? Forest.


Biggest influence & Childhood hero? Ryan Giggs, I grew up playing on the left wing even though I was naturally right footed, the man was a genius at running with the ball


Favourite current player? Erling Haaland, how do you stop a machine?!

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Raith Rovers in Scotland during a charity match

 

Best friend in football? Michael Banister, nicknamed together as Boey

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Oliver Brown, Sam Sims, Bano, Matt ‘Cabbage’ Brian. Ideally in Redcar (if you know, you know)

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Neil Waters – Close to vets when I first started but he played like he was just bursting into the side

1 Defender: - Joe Atkinson – Anytime you see him he’s still ‘Skip’ to the lads at the club

2 Midfielders: - Michael Banister – got to put my mate in there haven’t I?

Terry Hawkridge - He can run matches and every part of his game is a strength

1 Striker – Niall Thompson – left shortly after I signed for HTFC but he knew where the goal was and went to play down south at Step 3 I think.




Best moment of your career? Winning the league and gaining promotion with HTFC

 

Go to initiation song? I can butcher a rendition of footloose

 

Pre match meal? I like to mix it up, but a chickpea curry is my usual go to

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Ronaldo has done it in every league he’s played in but Messi has won everything there is to win, so for me it’s Messi 🐐

Thank you Joe for taking time to answer the questions above and the best of luck for your playoff final against Birstall on Saturday.

If you’re a player reading this and would like to feature. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL