In Profile... Jonathon Margetts of Stamford AFC

In Profile... Jonathon Margetts of Stamford AFC


Name: Jonathon Margetts

Position: 6 yard box

Current Club: Stamford AFC

 

Previous clubs: Not enough characters to answer! Hull, Tranmere, Lincoln, Scunthorpe to name a few.

 

Team supported growing up? Man United. Always my Dad’s team so growing up watching with him and going to games asking for autographs.

 

Childhood hero? My parents for sure. My Mum’s the most hard working intelligent person I know & my Dad’s the most selfless caring person I’ve met despite what he says!

 

Biggest influence? Except my parents football wise id go a couple of my coaches when I was younger. Mike Richardson, Gary Allanson & Billy Russell. All brilliant with me in different ways.

 

Favourite current player? I love watching Harry Kane. Absolutely ruthless when he gets half a chance with both feet.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? The Emirates, was lucky enough to play there for Lincoln in the FA Cup.

 

Best friend in football? Joe Leesley at Kidderminster & James Husband of Blackpool. Both completely different characters but 2 of my best mates.

Best player you’ve played against & why? Mesut Ozil. He was playing a different sport to me.

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? Stephen Dawson, Duane Holmes, Ben Rhodes & Gav Sax. Some characters there let me tell you!

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - Alex Cairns - I’d just tell him he should have saved every shot and watch him lose his head.

1 Defender: - Harry Maguire - unbelievable player & top lad.

2 Midfielders: - Tom Cairney - technical genius.

Rob Morgan – Scored 52 goals in training this season in rigger boots.

1 Striker – Myself of course!




Best moment of your career? Signing my first professional contract at 18.

 

Go to initiation song? Usher - Confessions part 2. Sung very badly.

 

Pre match meal? Beans on a bagel at 8, 4 Weetabix at 11 & a porridge pot at 1.45. I get hammered for the porridge!

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Ronaldo


Thank you Jonathon for taking time to answer the questions above and congratulations on winning the league & promotion with Stamford. 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be featured on a future blog. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL