In Profile... Marcus Day of Campion AFC

In Profile... Marcus Day of Campion AFC




Name: Marcus Day

Position: Striker

Current Club: Campion AFC

 

Previous clubs: Harrogate Town, Ossett United, Harrogate Railway

 

Team supported growing up? Leeds United

 

Childhood hero? R9 and Messi, both mesmerised me growing up watching football

 

Biggest influence? My dad, took me to football 1000’s of times over the years before I could drive, never pressured me, and still comes to most games now

 

Favourite current player? Haaland. Watching him as a striker myself and admiring his movement pace strength etc it’s not something you see often

 

Best ground you’ve played at? As a junior I played at Elland Road in a final, or Stockport's stadium (Edgeley Park) as an open age player.

 

Best friend in football? Lewis Riley although he doesn’t play Saturday football anymore, he’s best mate I’ve made through it. Played in couple of same teams since 14 years old, even holidayed a few times together.

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? Probably Julio Arca when he was at South Shields. Been nearly 20 years younger through I was going to overrun him but didn’t get near!

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? If it’s lads I’ve played with, Probably 4 lads who are at campion with me now, Aiden Kirby, Brad Emmerson, Andy McReadie & Mark Ferguson. All into the same music and can have a good drink hahahaha!

 

Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: - James Belshaw

1 Defender: - Ryan Fallowfield

2 Midfielders: - Paul Thirlwell & Joe Leesley

1 Striker – Dominic Knowles

All from Harrogate town the highest standard I’ve been involved in. all still play a very high level and professionally still.




Best moment of your career? Either promotion with Harrogate town although I didn’t play much. Or reaching play off final for Harrogate railway last year after having 2 year out through injury.

 

Go to initiation song? Jackson 5 - I want you back

 

Pre match meal? Spicy chicken fillets & spicy Mexican rice, Mayo. Coffee & water.

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Messi easily.


Thank you Marcus for taking time to answer the questions above and congratulations on winning the league with Campion.


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL