In Profile... Danny South of Ossett United

In Profile... Danny South of Ossett United






Name: Danny South

Position: Centre Back

Current Club: Ossett United

 

Previous clubs: Too many!

 

Team supported growing up? Manchester United

 

Childhood hero? David Beckham. When I was younger I copied everything he did, his boots and even his haircuts! I’ve got a picture somewhere where I’ve got a Mohican that my dad did with a remote!

 

Biggest influence? My Grandad Sam. Bless him, he’s no longer with us but he took me on a football field when I was at a young age and never missed a game.

 

Favourite current player? Lisandro Martinez. He’s class. Been wrote off by people before and proved them wrong. I love his passion too.

 

Best ground you’ve played at? Probably Hillsborough for Frickley in the Sheffield Senior Cup final. Unfortunately, we lost but great ground.

 

Best friend in football? Derry Robson. We do a lot together to be fair and he was an usher at my wedding.

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? Jamie Vardy, absolutely class.   

 

Footballing Night out You & 4 others. Who’s getting an invite? If it was 4 mates from football it would be Derry Robson, Alex Peterson, Todd Jordan who’s at Belper (funny guy) and Ben Rhodes who I’m also close with. If I had to pick 4 football pro’s past or present. Paul Gascoigne, Roy Keane, Jimmy Bullard and probably George Best

 

Best moment of your career so far? Last season winning in the playoffs with Belper Town

 

Go to initiation song? Sweet Caroline, gets everyone going!

 

Pre match meal? Always beans on toast. Nice and simple

 

Messi or Ronaldo? Ronaldo always for me.


Thank you Danny for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the rest of your season 


If you’re a player reading this and would like to be profiled. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL