In Profile... Romaine Graham of Eastwood CFC

In Profile... Romaine Graham of Eastwood CFC






Name: Romaine Graham
Position: Centre Half

Current Club: Eastwood Community FC

 

Previous clubs: The midlands 😅

Newark, Long Eaton, Ilkeston, Carlton Town, 

Rainworth, Hucknall, Mickleover Sports, Grantham Town, Eastwood Town


Team supported growing up? Man United, the class of 92 were a joke.

 

Childhood hero? Ryan Giggs. I grew up as a winger and idolised Giggs. His simple way of dribbling past players.


Biggest influence? Mark Nangle, Hucknall Town U18 manager. we had some memorable journeys and FA youth Cup runs. He gave up his time to take us. Football helped me focus and stay out of trouble.


Favourite current player? I would have to say an inform Modric. The way he can dominate a game reminds me of the players I grew up watching. when football was less driven by stats.


Best ground you’ve played at? City Ground, Nottingham Forest

 

Best friend in football? Kam Campbell Long Eaton United. you can't underestimate a car skool in football. Kam was my car skool mate for many years.

 

Best player you’ve played against & why? I have played against a few pros in pre season games, etc, but competitively more recently played against Clayton Donaldson. We had a great battle against Gainsborough, The way he was able to hold the ball and make the right decision every time impressed me and gave me a rough challenge.


Stranded on an island with 3 ex or current team mates. Who would you want with you and why? 
Kam Cambell
Kieran Walker
Micah Jebberson

Kam and Kieran were part of the original car school that stopped me retiring for a few years 😅

Jebbo will keep us entertained


Your All time 5 a side team of players you have played with? 

1 Keeper: Ian Deakin - Although it was only a few times many years ago. Deaks was the ultimate keeper. fearless and took responsibility. I know him more as a gaffer, and he was the same.

1 Defender: - Kieran Walker - Played with Kieran many times over my career, we both came through at Hucknall Town many years ago. Kieran was my centre-half partner when we won the UCL prem and we know each others game inside out. 7 or above every week with a throw more dangerous than a cross, although I don't think his long throw will give us anything on a 5 a side pitch

2 Midfielders: - Danny Gordan - absolute baller. protected me and Keiran landing on every second ball. give him the ball in any situation, and he will make the right pass

Andy Dales - played with him in the Mickleover Sports league winning team. he was just released by Derby and nobody could get near him. destroyed the league that season and was a class above

1 Striker – Aaron O'Connor - Finally got the chance to play with somebody who i have rated highly for so long. even at 40 the quality is still there. Plus, I know how good he is at 5 a side having had many battles on the 5 a side pitch when we were younger.




Best moment of your career? Winning Non league goal of the season is close 👀 but I'd have to say winning the league with Long Eaton.

I had been at the club for 7/8 years enduring some really tough times in some bad teams, but to finally get them over the line as skipper in the town in live in was an overwhelming feeling and a proud moment. 


Romaine picking up his goal of the season award



Go to initiation song? I have got one coming up
I think I might go for a bit of JT senorita 

 

Pre match meal? I can't eat before football, I usually have a smoothy with oats, protein, and banana. then binge eat after the game with pure junk like pizza and of course, a pint of Moretti at 5.30pm that I have been waiting for all week. The first sip is like heaven 


Messi or Ronaldo? R9, as  I assume you are asking who the GOAT is



Thank you Romaine for taking time to answer the questions above and best of luck for the season.  

If you’re a player reading this and would like to be featuring on the blog. Please just drop me a message as I would love to feature you. 


Until the next one


Peace 


Luke @PL2NL